Ceramics courses and workshops
PROGRAM OF THE COURSES AND METHOD OF WORK
Scuola d’arte Ceramica
|Ceramics manufacture techniques at Deruta MOD|
Professor Boccini’s Ceramics
1) Welcome meeting
2) Initial orientation:
a) Assessment of interest regarding the various courses and of aptitudes and motivation;
b) Choice of individual study program, based not only on the advice of the teaching personnel, but also taking special account of the best use of the course offerings and project objectives.
3) Introduction to the production cycles of ceramics (basic technological concepts and techniques to be adopted for the correct use of materials and equipment).
4) Practical “hands-on” lessons in the laboratories that are furnished with all the equipment and materials required for an effective learning experience.
5) The goal of the courses is to develop the theoretical competence (upon request, also of Technology and History of the Art of Ceramics) as well as the practical competence to allow, at the end of the study program, the application of the acquired techniques for independent production of ceramics, either for professional purposes or for personal hobby.
6) The substance of the established basic study program will be integrated or supplemented, taking account of overall needs as indicated above.
7) The teaching methods have been developed over many years of experience, and guarantee the best learning results and quality of the pieces produced, regardless of the duration of the course. When necessary, for a greater depth of knowledge of production methods and the understanding of the importance of individual factors and the various phases in the commercial production of ceramics, a guided tour will be organized of the factories of Deruta, one of the most important Cities of Ceramics in the world. Although the town has barely 5 000 inhabitants, it boasts some 260 factories, that constitute the only manufacturing sector of the town on which all of its economic wealth is based. It is among the richest centers in Umbria. Deruta is known and appreciated in the world for the high quality of its artistic ceramics, exhibited in the most important museums and exported throughout the world. It represents with pride a significant reference point for the sector, and is considered a primary destination for learning and perfecting the techniques of ceramics.
For each study program, a guided visit is organized to the Regional Museum of Ceramics of Deruta.
The final results of the program will be assessed through an evaluation of the works produced, of the interest and application demonstrated in the use of the training received, and of the professionalism and acquired competence, that will of course be assessed in relation to the number of hours of training. A certificate will be issued at the conclusion of the study program.
Deruta Romano Ranieri School of Ceramics
center> PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS ON OUR NEW BOARD At Discussion Board